Friday, August 8, 2008

2008 ORAL PRESENTATION


Learning Outcomes demonstrated by this exhibit:

This is a video of my opening remarks at a panel discussion on embryonic stem cell research hosted by Michigan State University. My taking part in this forum allowed me to broaden my understanding of this particular controversy as well as to educate those in the audience as to the traditionally conservative and Catholic position.





___JTB___

This exhibit reflects my best work in the areas noted above.

___JTB___

This exhibit reflects a high degree of professionalism in general writing skill, grammar and organization.

NARRATIVE

This exhibit came about at the behest of a student organization at Michigan State University. Their goal was to present to the student body a well-rounded discussion concerning the issues surrounding embryonic stem-cell research. I was asked to represent the so-called Republican position. I was also the only student on the panel attending a college other than Michigan State University.

It was a pleasure and an honor to participate in the event. It took a lot of research, speech preparation, and working with others. I also had the chance to hear from those who disagreed with my position. All of this helped, albeit in a very small way, to show me that I am duty-bound to respect various positions at odds with my own, but also that I have a responsibility to educate others as to why I take the particular position that I do.

No comments: